Chile Photos

Chile Photos
Amigos mejores (:

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chilean Adventure

Hi, my name is Hannah Spencer and I am from Phoenix, Arizona. I am a sophomore at Sunnyslope High School. I recently applied to go abroad for a semester in 2011 to Chile, South America on a language program through the American Field Service (AFS) inter-cultural student exchange program.

In Chile, I will be honing my Spanish knowledge and speaking ability through everyday use. I have been involved in learning Spanish as my second language since 5th grade and I am very interested in it. I someday hope to master it and become tri-lingual by learning Italian(maybe even all the Romance languages!). I also hope to make the world universally bi- or even tri-lingual. Before I can do that, however, I have to start with myself and mastering a second language.

Right now, as a sophomore, I manage to keep myself very busy amidst a slew of homework, studying, sports, social life, and of course sleep somewhere there in between. I am on the Honor Roll, Junior Varsity Softball team, and Photo Club. I also maintain a 4.0 GPA in all honors classes. My family, friends, and learning new things are my life. I find great importance in school and learning communication skills and I am very excited to have been given this opportunity.

Hopefully, I will be able to raise enough money for this great experience of a lifetime! My goal is to raise $3,000 to cover all the costs of my trip and stay in Chile. I am working very hard to raise money through several fundraisers I am planning over the next few months, but I still need some help to make this dream happen. Thank you for taking interest in my blog and reading about my future hopes and dreams. Whatever you are able to give is greatly appreciated; no amount is too small! I know that times are tough, but every little bit will help me get a step closer. Click on the ChipIn! gadget on the top right of this blog to help me with my journey, by making a secure non tax-deductible donation. I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward my blog to anyone else who you think might be interested in sponsoring my AFS experience by forwarding the link http://hannahspencerchile.blogspot.com/. Thank you so much!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    I am so thrilled for you to have this opportunity, I will miss seeing you every week while you are gone but I hope you will make lots of posts on your blog so we can read and see photos of your amazing adventure abroad. I know you will come home with a new perspective of the world outside of the USA and a passion for the family who is lucky enough to have you with them for a full semester. Bless your mom and dad for helping make this dream a reality for you!! Smiles and Hugs...Shelly

    ReplyDelete