Chile Photos

Chile Photos
Amigos mejores (:

Thursday, June 16, 2011

June, 2011

Hey all! So it's been a couple months since my last post, mainly because nothing incredibly interesting has happened. I got my formal acceptance from AFS Chile, my passport, and, wait for it, TRAVEL AND LOGISTICS! Woo! I recently received an email from AFS confirming my travel and logistics schedule and I will be leaving for Miami, FL on July 27th! That's a month ahead of what I originally thought! From there, I will meet for a pre-departure orientation with all the AFS-ers who are going somewhere in Latin America. Then, on July 28th, I will take off from Miami International Airport at 7:15 (supposedly, we all know the unpredictability of airplane schedules) for Lima! The flight will be four hours and forty minutes. At 1:15 am I will board another flight for Santiago, Chile! From there, I do not know yet. I have not received information on my host family or location in Chile. To keep me updated, AFS frequently sends me emails reminding me to get my visa (a little trip to the Chilean consulate in L.A. coming up!), health check-up and informing me of Facebook groups for those who are leave in 2011! I am very excited and anxiously awaiting information on my family and my departure! I will be sure to keep anyone who is following me updated! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment