Chile Photos

Chile Photos
Amigos mejores (:

Monday, October 17, 2011

Almost a month, almost! :/

I'm so sorry everyone for the lack of posting on my blog, I'm just super lazy. Also, nothing of grand news has happened recently! I'll catch y'all up anyways.
sooo about two weeks ago I went to my first CARRETE! it's basically a party at a house with booze and dancing and teenagers. they usually start around 10 or 11 and end around 3 or 4. Even without drinking its soooo much fun! I don't drink because I don't think I'd like the dizziness, or the headaches, or the hangover. Its also an AFS rule. Anyways I caught on to the dancing reggaeton really quickly and it turns out I am not as clumsy as I thought hahahha. Also, last week I went to Santiago (the capital of Chile, beautifulllll) to take the PSAT for scholarships! I totally killed it! Before I went when I would think about flying alone in a foreign country I was a bit nervous but I actually didnt have any problems once I actually did it. It might have just been the addiction to Starbucks that calmed me down when I landed in Santiago and was able to buy and consume my iced chai tea latte... I hadn't had Starbucks in two months... wayyyy too long! Anywho, I stayed with a family of AFS and visited Payton Wulff, a foreign exchange student that lives in Santiago and is from the USA, so we traveled from Miami together. It's interesting to see the other side, you know? She's also staying for 6 months. Well when I got bck to Calama I found out that on Thursday I will be going to Arica! Its the far north of Chile and I will be going for a meeting with AFS. It should be beautiful. There's a beach and a lot of cheap artesanias because its really close to Peru. The only thing is that I have to travel in bus and we leave at night. I dont know if I'll be able to sleep. I am excited to see Arica (:
Oh and one more thing: I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR PATAGONIA! I can't wait to see real live penguins! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment